Using a blog for your „Facharbeit“
The basic idea is simple:
- pupils could use a way to communicate about and work on their Facharbeit (FA), ideally online
- a blog allows collecting links/parts of texts/complete documents
- a blog allows sharing and discussing your findings with others (including your teacher, who wants to see a first draft … ;-))
All this can be done in a wiki, too. I have always enjoyed and still enjoy working with them (e.g. www.rmgwiki.de).
BUT in a wiki you have no chance of
- keeping anything private,
- working on an extended first draft before publishing it
- sharing copyrighted materials with just a limited number of users
- permanently deleting anything you have ever written
So I hope to use wordpress as an easy way to do those few things a wiki – by definition – can’t and won’t do.
The reason why I don’t use moodle here is that
- creating and administrating a blog here is much easier and done more quickly.
- Moddle can do more, but access is more limited and I don’t want to have to ask a moodle administrator, if I want a new „course“ to be created.
- a blog doesn’t „smell of school“ as much as Moodle in Unterfranken does. It is more something private that pupils (esp. K12 etc.) can control themselves.